Sweet iced tea is a refreshing and delicious drink that is perfect for hot weather. It is easy to make at home, and you can customize it to your liking by using different types of tea, sugar, and other flavorings.
- 1 cup loose leaf tea or 8 tea bags
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Lemon slices or other desired flavorings (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a kettle or saucepan.
- Remove the water from the heat and add the tea leaves or bags.
- Let the tea steep for 5-10 minutes, or to your desired strength.
- Remove the tea leaves or bags and stir in the sugar.
- Let the tea cool completely.
- Pour the tea over ice and add lemon slices or other desired flavorings.
- For a stronger tea, use more tea leaves or bags or steep the tea for longer.
- For a sweeter tea, add more sugar.
- You can also add other flavorings to your iced tea, such as lemon juice, lime juice, honey, or fruit slices.
- Black tea: Black tea is the most common type of tea used for iced tea. It has a strong, bold flavor that pairs well with sugar and lemon.
- Green tea: Green tea is a lighter, more delicate tea that is also a good choice for iced tea. It has a slightly grassy flavor that can be balanced out with sugar and lemon.
- Herbal tea: Herbal tea is a caffeine-free option that is perfect for people who are sensitive to caffeine. It comes in a variety of flavors, so you can find one that you enjoy.