Introduction: Vegetable Egg Rolls are a classic appetizer that’s loved by many. They are not only delicious but also a great way to enjoy a variety of colorful vegetables. Here’s a simple recipe to make these crispy, flavorful treats at home.
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Prepare the Filling:
- Heat a pan or wok over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add minced garlic and grated ginger. Sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Stir in the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, and sliced bell peppers.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender yet slightly crisp.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Finally, toss in the chopped green onions, cook for another minute, and then remove the mixture from heat. Let it cool.
2. Roll the Egg Rolls:
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface with one corner pointing towards you (like a diamond).
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable filling onto the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll it halfway.
- Fold the sides towards the center.
- Continue to roll until you have a neat egg roll. Seal the top corner by brushing it with a little water.
3. Fry the Egg Rolls:
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Carefully place the egg rolls into the hot oil, seam side down.
- Fry them for about 3-4 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Turn them occasionally for even frying.
- Remove the egg rolls with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
4. Serve and Enjoy:
- Serve your delicious Vegetable Egg Rolls hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as sweet chili sauce or soy sauce with a touch of Sriracha.
Conclusion: Homemade Vegetable Egg Rolls are a delightful appetizer that’s perfect for gatherings or as a snack. These crispy and flavorful rolls are a fantastic way to enjoy a mix of vegetables, and they’re sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!