The way to make re-encrusted pho is not too complicated, just a little attention can create attractive bowls of pho in a simple way.
- Beef tibia: Should choose the type that is still rosy, no strange smell. If you observe the meat is rare, there is no bright red color, the bones are discolored, you should absolutely not choose. Limit buying frozen bones, because if left for too long, it can lose its quality and taste when it is boiled to make broth.
- Beef encrusted meat: With beef encrusted meat, it is best to choose cows. Because the beef is usually tender, it will taste better when eaten. Pay attention to the color of the beef, do not choose dark colored, mushy meat, this is old meat that has been stored for a long time.
- Noodles: Should choose the type with smooth fibers, not broken, smooth surface, soft and good elasticity. In terms of color, the type with ivory white color may be the type that has been left for too long, while the pure white color can be bleached. Therefore, you should find places that sell pho with natural whiteness, ensuring food safety.
- Additional ingredients: onion, fresh ginger, dried cinnamon, dill,…
- Other spices: fish sauce, seasoning seeds, cooking oil, salt, sugar, pepper…
Step 1: Preliminary Processing of Ingredients
- Beef bones cut into moderate pieces, wash many times with clean water. Can be soaked in salt water to disinfect, ensuring food hygiene and safety.
- Beef encrusted meat is also washed, cut into thin slices for easy dipping. Marinate a little more seasoning with fish sauce, salt, and pepper to make the meat more flavorful.
- Cinnamon, ginger, and dried onion can be grilled and removed the shell, or the cook can also put it on a roasting pan to bring up the aroma.
Step 2: Processing Broth
- The broth is the most important part of creating an attractive bowl of beef noodle soup. Therefore, the cook needs to be very careful to create a delicious, sweet broth.
- After the beef bones have been washed, put them in the pot. Pour water, turn on high heat and blanch the bones for the first time. Discard this water and change the water for a second time. This time when the water boils, let the stove smolder, simmer the bones thoroughly for about 2-3 hours to let the sweetness come out.
- To create an attractive flavor for the broth, you add dried ginger and cinnamon to the pot. Add fish sauce, salt, seasoning seeds… to suit the taste of family members.
Step 3: Prepare Noodle Soup and Accompanying Items
To create a complete bowl of pho, pho cake is indispensable. Do not dip the pho in the broth but boil a separate pot of boiling water. Put the pho in and blanch it, then take it out and let it dry. Note: Do not leave pho in hot water for a long time because it can break the noodles. In addition, add lemon, chili and raw vegetables on the plate to serve.
Step 4: Dip Rare Beef
After preparing the pho noodles, all of them are placed in the bowls, then dipped in rare beef to put them together. Note that thinly sliced beef only needs to be boiled through a pot of boiling broth. Put the beef on top, sprinkle with herbs, other varieties of cilantro. Pour broth over the rice noodles, sprinkle with a little more pepper, and add lemon and chili to enhance the flavor.
Step 5: Finished Product
The bowl of Pho is fully encrusted with topping, hot anise, fragrant, the broth is sweet, and each slice of meat is soft and fragrant. So you have completed an attractive re-encrusted pho for your family!