Storing food in the refrigerator is not new to us today. With seafood, too, to keep fresh for a long time, storing in the refrigerator is the most effective method. However, each type of seafood has a different shelf life. Therefore, different preservation must be carried out so that the freshness can be kept for the longest time and the taste of seafood is not changed. Here’s how to store fresh seafood in the refrigerator.
When buying seafood that is not processed immediately, it must be preliminarily processed before being refrigerated. Preferably frozen to avoid spoilage caused by bacteria. Therefore, before preparing for processing, remember to put it in the refrigerator so that the seafood is defrosted. Some ways to preserve fresh seafood in the refrigerator of each type separately:
Do you love Pho Seafood? Try to enjoy this delicious dish Here. Thank You!
- For squid, it is necessary to preliminarily remove the intestines and outer skin first. Wrap it in a plastic bag and then store it in the refrigerator. For squid, it is better to keep it cool, the best temperature is from 0 to 4 degrees Celsius. To keep the squid fresh longer, you can marinate the squid before putting it in the refrigerator in case it will be processed within the same day.
- For shrimp: Cut off the antennae, wash and store in the freezer if you don’t want to use it right away or store it in the refrigerator if needed for the day or tomorrow.
- Things like oysters and scallops must be cleaned of dirt before putting them in the refrigerator. Should be put in separate boxes and then stored away from other products. If you buy them still alive, soak them in water to release all the dirt and then store them in the refrigerator.
- For fish: when stored in the refrigerator, the intestines should be removed because the intestines are very quickly damaged, so it can affect other parts of the fish, scrape the scales if necessary. Wash the fish inside and out, then put it in a box, cover it and store it in the freezer. When defrosting, do not bring to soak directly with water, but let them melt the frozen layer by themselves. So the fish meat will not be disintegrated, and the fish flavor will still be preserved.
- When preserving crabs, crabs just need to be washed and then put in a storage box in the freezer or refrigerator, depending on the time you will take it out for processing. Note, when taking out crabs and crabs from the freezer, they should be defrosted first in the cooler. Then the crabs and crabs will be fresher and tastier.
How to Store Fresh Seafood in the Refrigerator?
Above are some ways to preserve fresh seafood in the refrigerator that you can refer to to get satisfactory fresh seafood meals without having to spend time every day going to the market to buy.